Noteworthy features of the EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens include:
- 14 elements in eight groups, including a glass molded aspherical lens.
- Super Spectra Coating technology and optimized lens element placement helps minimize ghosting and flaring.
- Lead gear-type STM stepping motor to help provide smooth and quiet focus operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting video.
- Wide focusing ring with full-time manual focus capabilities.
- Compact and lightweight design: maximum diameter of 60.9mm, total length of 50.5mm and approximate weight of 235g.
- Maximum magnification of 0.25x and minimum focusing distance of 0.23m.
The EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens is the second EF-M lens to feature a large-aperture, delivering stunning bokeh with a soft blurred background that helps photographers isolate their subjects. In addition, the 32mm focal length converts to approximately 51m in 35mm format, providing an angle-of-view close to the field-of-view of the human eye.