*** Pre-Order Deposit Only - Full Retail Price $3199.00 ***
Broaden Your Horizons with the Essential Ultra-Wide Angel Zoom Lens
The much anticipated NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S is the shortest and lightest full-frame zoom lens of its kind, offering unique user benefits and incredible rendering capabilities across the wide zoom range. Joining the previously announced NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S and NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S lenses, this lens completes the trinity of coveted fast aperture Z-series zooms. The 14-24mm is a versatile lens that proves the optical superiority of the Nikon Z mount, producing excellent edge-to-edge sharpness, minimal distortion and exceptional photo and video capabilities for creators. The new optical design allows for a significantly shorter lens that is nearly 35 per cent lighter than its predecessor, the popular AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8, making this lightweight lens ideal for a trek into the field. Meanwhile, its wide-angle zoom range offers video content creators a new option for capturing tack-sharp establishing shots, interiors or POV angles.
The NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S lens is engineered to deliver unrivaled optical excellence and maximum usability. This thoroughly modernized lens design features a nearly flat front lens element, which allows the attachment of a threaded filter to the included additional lens hood (HB-97). This design provides users the ability to attach a Neutral density (ND) filter, as well as the new Neutral Colour NC Filter 112mm or Circular Polarizing Filter II 112mm3 , while a rear filter holder also accepts a trimmable filter gel. With the option to easily use multiple filter types, users can capture epic landscapes with greater versatility and flexibility in more lighting conditions than ever before. An excellent choice for photographing stunning night-time views, the 14-24mm lens delivers amazing low-light performance with a constant f/2.8 aperture and stellar point light reproduction capabilities that suppress sagittal coma and flare for tack-sharp stars and city lights.
The NIKKOR Z 14-24mm combines a robust design and reliable performance with custom controls, including a customizable one-touch shortcut button, EL Display panel and custom control ring, making controls and settings convenient and accessible. The optical formula includes four ED lens elements, helping to control chromatic aberrations, and capture fine details, including colours and lines, with consistent accuracy – a true benefit to those shooting interiors and architecture. Additionally, flare, ghosting and coma are suppressed, even with harsh backlight, thanks to the lens’s Nano Crystal Coat (N) and anti-reflective ARNEO Coat, while its robust fluorine coating and extensive weather sealing allow Nikon Z series users to shoot confidently in rugged and unpredictable environments. As an added benefit to videographers, the lens also features an electro-magnetic diaphragm, to help maintain smooth exposures as light changes. NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S: Immense Details. Exceptional
- With ultra-wide lenses, every millimeter counts. At its widest setting of 14mm, the NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S covers 115° of view. And it does so with staggering sharpness and clarity across the entire expansive frame—from the center to the far edges.
- Gather more light at any zoom position with a fast f/2.8 constant aperture and your Z camera's Vibration Reduction image stabilization. In low-light, illuminate subjects with longer exposures or sharpen them with faster shutter speeds. This is compositional freedom.
- Many wide lenses misshape pinpoint lights like stars. Not the NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S. Advancements of the Z Mount and the use of Aspherical elements keep point-light sources like stars and city lights round, sharp and clear, free of sagittal coma and flare.
- Unlike conventional ultra-wide zooms, the NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S uses standard 112mm screw-in filters with the included HB-97 lens hood. And for added creativity, it's equipped with a filter slot at the rear element that lets you slide in trimmable filter sheets and gels.
- The NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S is designed for the great outdoors. It's extensively sealed to keep out dust and moisture*, especially around the lens mount and all moving parts. The front element has Nikon's protective nonstick Fluorine coating, which repels dust and moisture and easily wipes clean.
- Lens Info Panel - Quickly confirm focal length, focus distance, depth of field and aperture when you're shooting from a tripod and can't be behind the camera.