In-Store Mandatory Mask Policy
Dear Valued Customers,
To ensure the health and safety of our customers and our staff, Broadway Camera has implemented an in-store mandatory mask policy effective September 4th, 2020. As part of this policy, we require all customers and staff to wear a mask or face covering (that covers the nose and mouth) upon entering and remaining within our store, as physical distancing cannot always be maintained. If you do not have a mask or face covering, we will provide you with a new face mask to use.
As a local BC business, we are committed to taking all possible steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our mandatory mask policy is meant to provide an added layer of protection and is not intended to be discriminatory. For that reason, we note that the following persons are exempt from wearing a mask or face covering and will not be required to provide proof of such exemption:
- Children under the age of 2.
- Individuals with a medical condition that makes it difficult to wear a mask, including:
- Medical condition, mental health condition, cognitive condition or disability that prevents wearing a mask or face covering;
- Medical condition that makes it difficult to breathe or someone who is unconscious or incapacitated; and
- People who are hearing impaired or are communicating with a person who is hearing impaired and where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Individuals who are unable to put on or remove a mask without assistance.
- People who require accommodation in accordance with the BC Human Rights Code.
- Employees within an area that is not designated for public access or who are within or behind a physical barrier (e.g. Plexiglass).
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we take these necessary measures to ensure everyone’s safety during this challenging time. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Broadway Camera Team