Standard Cinematic Quality Lighting: The Light Dome II is Aputure’s flagship light shaping tool. An upgrade from the First Generation Light Dome, the Light Dome II features even higher quality diffusion fabric, a rapid build and breakdown system, an included honeycomb eggcrate, and several more new additions.
Advanced Diffusion Materials: The Light Dome II comes with two layers of ultra-soft diffusion: Magic Cloth and Silk Cloth. Combined, these materials turn your hard COB light into a beautiful soft light that provides a very even wrap around your subject, making the Light Dome II the perfect accessory for portraits, interviews, documentaries, music videos, and narratives.
Quick Setup: The new versions of the Light Domes feature a new generation of the quick-release speed ring. You can now easily install and disassemble the dome in less than 1 minute. This new generation addresses the needs of creatives who are on fast-moving sets and need a diffusion solution that can be rapidly set up.
Gel Holder Support: Generation 2 of the Light Dome now includes a gel holder that is carefully placed to maximize the capabilities of your gels while minimizing the amount of material needed from them
Perfectly Round Catchlight: The 35″ Light Dome II uses 16 rods which create 32 points of axis, allowing an exceptionally round beam of light that is almost a perfect circle. Combining this with the Aputure COB Series or other compatible Bowens mount fixtures, creatives are now able to get a precise circular round light that also functions as a catch light in the eyes of your on-camera talent.
High Quality Fabric Grid: The Light Dome II includes a studio grade fabric grid to help focus in your light beam angle to 40 degrees.
Universal Mount: The new Light Dome II is designed to fit with all fixtures from the Light Storm COB family. It is also compatible with a wide variety of Bowens mount lighting systems, the most common mounts used in the world of photography.
- Best for portraits, interviews, professional filmmaking and facial shots
- Full silver coating intensifies output strength for more control over light source
- Deep dome design(24” deep) ensures tighter, more focused beam
- Unique dual diffuser design ensures even distribution of the light across the entire field
- Large 34.8” outer diffuser increases size of beam which makes a softer and more flattering light
- Smooth round-shaped hexadecagon light output for beautiful catchlight
- Bundled with 2 different thickness of outer diffuser fabric to allow user control different softness (by 1.5 stop and 2.5 stop brightness)
- Re-designed 16 rods of wear-resistant hadfield steel construction for one-person fast setup
- Bundled with honeycomb grid add-on help control light spill spread by 40 degrees
- Bundled with a gel holder for filmmaker to design light colours