The dew on a flower. The color of a cat's eye. The facets and sparkle of a diamond ring. Some ultra-close-up photos are difficult to capture with a standard lens. The compact EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM for EOS M series digital cameras is the world's lightest* autofocus lens and the world's first macro lens with a built-in Macro Lite**, designed to help new and more advanced users close in to capture these incredible details. The built-in, forward-facing Macro Lite helps illuminate hard-to-capture subjects for bright, vibrant photos showing off big, bold details. The world's first autofocus lens capable of focusing to infinity*** in normal shooting and Super Macro Mode provides magnification up to 1.2x, allowing for incredible close-up photography. While you're focusing that close, the Hybrid IS image stabilization helps keep the image sharp by helping to reduce blur due to camera shake. A lead screw-type STM stepping motor means the lens is smooth and quiet during operation. The EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM opens up a whole new world of the macro for beginner and advanced users.
- World's lightest macro lens* and features Image Stabilization for EOS M series digital cameras
- World's first lens with a built-in Macro Lite** which, when enabled, automatically supplies light to your photos as needed, helping to provide a better sense of depth and dimension
- World's first autofocus lens capable of focusing at infinity*** in normal shooting and macro shooting with up to 1.2x magnification
- Hybrid IS helps reduce camera shake for enjoyable handheld photography.
- Stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos
- One UD lens and two aspherical lenses† help deliver outstanding results at all zoom settings by reducing chromatic aberration
- Equivalent to a 45mm standard lens (35mm equivalent) for flexible image capture of various subjects and scenes at macro distances and beyond
- Acute lens top shape helps provide accurate image capture even at short working distances