The EOS R5 builds off of the powerful legacy of Canon’s full frame cameras offering next generation refinements in image quality, performance and reliability. It’s an ideal choice for a large range of photographic and cinematographic environments from weddings, portraits, sports, journalism, landscape, cinematography and more.
Canon’s all-new 45 Megapixel full-frame sensor is at the heart of the EOS R5’s superb image quality, which also leads the way for impressive 8K DCI cinematic movie capture with the ability to extract 35.4 Megapixel still images. Focus and speed are paramount in the EOS R5, providing impressive continuous capture at speeds of up to 20 frames-per-second and with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II capability, to track split second movements of even the most elusive of subjects.
With 1,053 Automatic AF zones, it is easier than ever to photograph people with the use of Eye, Face and Head Detection AF, or intuitively track the whole body, face or eye of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection*2 AF. The 5-axis in-body image stabilization can effectively compensate for camera shake with approximately 8 stops of stabilization* with use of certain non-stabilized, and optically image stabilized lenses. Connectivity like 5GHz and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®, is also included.
- High Image Quality featuring a New 45 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- High-Speed Continuous Shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps Electronic (Silent) Shutter
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF covering Approx. 100% Area with 1,053 AF Areas
- EV -6^3 Low-light Autofocus
- Subject tracking of People and Animals(2) using Deep Learning Technology
- 8K RAW, 4K up to 120fps, 10-bit 4:2:2 with Canon Log or HDR PQ, Internal Recording in all Formats, with Auto Focus
- In-body Image Stabilizer can provide up to 8 stops of Shake Correction*
- Dual Card Slots for CFexpress** and UHS-II SD Memory Cards***
- Built-in 0.5” 5.76 Million Dots OLED EVF with 120 fps refresh rate, Vari-angle LCD Touchscreen
- 2.4/5Ghz Built-in Wi-Fi®^, Bluetooth®^^ Technology
(2021.03.31)Firmware Version 1.3.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- Adds [Canon Log 3] to [Canon Log settings]. You can select [Canon Log] or [Canon Log 3] from [Canon Log settings] in the Shooting tab of the menu.
- Support for RAW movies shot with Canon Log3 and RAW (Light) will be available in Cinema RAW Development and in Digital Photo Professional version in a future update.
- Digital Photo Professional will also support the processing of RAW movies shot in Canon Log3 settings and the application of Viewing LUT in future update.
- Adds [RAW (Light)] to the movie recording size and [IPB (Light)] to 8K/4K to enable lower bit rate shooting. These settings can also be selected when RAW+MP4 is set.
- Adds a high frame rate of 119.9 fps/100.0 fps to the Full HD movie recording size.
- Adds [Electronic full-time MF] to the AF tab of the menu. When a lens is attached, manual focus adjustment is always possible with both One-shot AF and Servo AF.
- Adds [6: Monitor Off] to [Shooting info. disp.: Screen info. settings] in the Shooting tab of the menu. This update makes it possible for the camera's monitor to be turned off at all times during shooting
- The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
- Adds the ability, when transferring images via FTP, to select protected images that failed to be transferred and protected images that have not yet been transferred and transfer them all at once.
- Adds [Save/load cam settings on card] to the Function settings tab of the menu. This allows you to save the camera settings to a card, or load a saved file and restore the camera to the settings you saved to a card.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which, in rare instances, the camera does not function normally when using certain CFexpress cards.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which in rare instances, the camera cannot function normally when the drive mode is set to "High-speed continuous shooting" to shoot still images continuously.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the power may become suspended when the camera is powered via USB for an extended period of time.
- Firmware Version 1.3.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.1 If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.3.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.