Complete the RF F2.8 lens trinity with the addition of the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens. Designed to complement the EOS R system, this impressive L-series lens offers a telephoto zoom focal length that helps you get closer to faraway subjects.
As Canon’s lightest and shortest 70-200mm f/2.8 lens^ ever, the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM is engineered to make traveling more comfortable, offering a compact and portable design that’s easy to pack and carry wherever you go. Coupled with a large f/2.8 maximum aperture for sharp, bright images and videos, even in low-light settings, Canon’s Nano USM technology for fast and virtually silent AF and up to 5 stops* of shake correction, the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM will quickly become a favorite among portrait, wedding and sports photographers.
- High Image Quality and Bright f/2.8 Aperture Telephoto Zoom RF L Lens: Featuring an incredibly bright zoom with an f/2.8 maximum aperture – that stays constant throughout the zoom – 17 elements in 13 groups and a 9-blade aperture system, The RF 70–200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens is engineered to deliver sharp images with beautiful background blur.
- Compact and Lightweight: Weighing nearly 1 pound lighter than its EF-series predecessor, the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM is Canon’s shortest and lightest 70-200mm f/2.8 lens ever^. Ideal for portrait, wildlife, sports photography and more, the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM is an essential lens you will want to have in your bag. (^As of October 24, 2019.)
- Optical Image Stabilization with up to 5 Stops* of Shake Correction: The RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens is designed to work in conjunction with an EOS R series camera, with both the camera and the lens sharing data to dramatically reduce camera-shake blur, regardless of the situation, whether shooting video or stills. With up to 5 stops* of stabilization, it delivers impressively clear results. (* Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed at a focal length of 200mm using the EOS R camera.)
- High Speed, Smooth and Quiet Auto Focus with Dual Nano USM: The RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens uses two NANO USM focus motors, which is a first for Canon autofocus lenses. Close-focus performance is enhanced thanks to the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens’ floating optical system. A high degree of quietness, power saving, and high-speed operation can be achieved without sacrificing the compact size of the lens.
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 2.3 ft./0.7m: With a minimum focusing distance of 2.3 ft./0.7m, and a maximum magnification of .23x, the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens excels in a variety of shooting situations. Whether closing in on the details of an object or capturing an unforgettable moment during a wedding ceremony, the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens provides incredible versatility with just the turn of the zoom ring.
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes: The RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens has a separate, independent control ring that is located towards the back of the lens, which can be programmable for immediate exposure adjustments during still and video shooting. With the control ring, you can directly adjust settings such as shutter speed, lens aperture, exposure compensation and more. For photographers and moviemakers who would prefer a silent control ring, the clicking mechanism can be removed by a Canon service provider for a fee.
- High-speed Communication with the Camera: Designed to quickly process data, the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens features the 12 pin communication system inherent in all RF lenses. This accelerates AF, Image Stabilization, the Digital Lens Optimizer and more, helping to simplify complex operations and provide a quick and reliable user experience.
- Lens Information Display: As part of the EOS R system, the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens works with an EOS R series camera to display the lens information right in the viewfinder – making it easy to confirm the lens's focal length without looking away from the subject at hand.
- In-camera Digital Lens Optimizer: The EOS R system's 12 pin communication system enables the Digital Lens Optimizer, which works in-camera to combat aberrations and image deterioration, especially in the edges of the image frame when shooting at a large aperture. Data from the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens is transferred automatically to the camera body, facilitating near immediate correction for clear, detailed images.
- Dust- and Weather-resistant: For reliable performance even when weather conditions get difficult, the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens features a dust- and weather-resistant construction in the lens mount, switch panel and all rings. Sealing is applied to lens joining sections, and switch panels to help prevent water and dust from entering into the lens.
- Fluorine Coating: The RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens features fluorine coatings on the front and rearmost surfaces to help prevent dirt and dust from sticking to the lens, making it easy to clean smudges and fingerprints off.
- Vibration Shock Resistance: Engineered to accommodate its optical system, the RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens features L series level vibration shock resistance in the lens barrel, helping to maintain focus and settings even in turbulent situations.
- Two Aspherical Elements, One Super UD and One UD Lens: The RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens features an optical design built specifically for the RF mount. This includes two aspheric lenses that correct distortions, plus one UD element and one Super UD element to reduce chromatic aberration and achieve high image quality across the board. Strategically placed coatings and a 9-blade aperture help ensure superlative quality images with sharp detail, gorgeous color and minimized distortion throughout the zoom range
- RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
- Lens Cap E-77II
- Lens Hood ET-83F (WIII)
- Lens Pouch LP-1424