The RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM lens combines excellent optics and high performance, providing an ultra-wide angle of view in a compact, portable package, perfect for EOS R cameras with an APS-C sensor. The optical performance is a direct result of a totally new lens design, highlighted by two Ultra-low Dispersion glass elements and an Aspheric element. The RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM delivers reliable, speedy and quiet wide-angle performance, making it an ideal lens for vlogging, video, travel, landscapes, interiors, or simply for creative imagery.
RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM Features
- Ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for Canon EOS APS-C cameras
- Zoom range of 10-18mm (16-29mm equivalent)
- Wide angle of view for vlogging and selfies
- Outstanding image quality throughout the image, from center to periphery
- Maximum magnification of 0.23x in AF mode and 0.5x in MF mode
- Optical IS with image stabilization effect of 4.0 stops and Coordinated Control IS up to 6.0 stops with cameras equipped with IBIS*
- Leadscrew-type STM focus drive for smooth, natural movie AF and focus breathing correction**
- Compact and lightweight lens featuring a lens-retraction mechanism
- Can be attached to both APS-C and full-frame EOS R-series cameras without a mount adapter
The RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM lens’ wide coverage picks up right where the RF-S standard zooms leave off, at 18mm, and from there it widens to true ultra-wide coverage at its 10mm focal length. This ultra-wide-angle 10-18mm (16-29mm equivalent) is great for shooting in tight spaces where stepping back is difficult such as vehicles and small rooms, or for landscape, travel, and more.
Wide Angle of View for Selfies and Vlogging
With a wide angle of view for easy shooting indoors, and a compact, lightweight design for comfort when filming while out and about, this lens allows you to enjoy taking selfies or vlogging no matter where you’re shooting.
Outstanding Image Quality
The RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM features a new lens design optimized for short back focus with two Ultra-Low Dispersion glass elements and an Aspheric element which achieves high image quality throughout the image from center to the edges while maintaining compactness. Even at its widest zoom setting, both optical and digital corrections combine to minimize any risk of darkening at the edges or bending of straight lines in a scene.
Get Up Close
Capture subjects in large detail with a maximum magnification of 0.23x in AF mode (focusing down to 5.5 inches), and 0.5x in MF mode. This enables richly expressive close-up shots using the wide angle of view and bokeh an ultra-wide-angle lens can provide.
Optical Image Stabilization — Up to 4.0 stops1 of Shake Correction
To shoot with less blur even without a tripod handy, the RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM features built-in Optical Image Stabilization, providing up to 4.0 stops1 of shake reduction even for night shots. When paired with an EOS R-series camera that has In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS), the Coordinated IS allows for up to 6.0 stops2 of correction. This makes hand-held video, travel photography, or even taking everyday shots convenient with less equipment to carry.
1. At focal length of 18mm with an EOS R10. Yaw/Pitch directions only.
2. At focal length of 18mm with EOS R7. Yaw/Pitch directions only.
High-speed, Smooth and Quiet Autofocus
The lens features a leadscrew-type STM focus drive system which provides smoother and more natural movie AF. This is especially beneficial to video users because of its combination of quiet operation and outstanding smoothness of focus changes during actual recording. Plus, it supports focus breathing correction3, in which the camera digitally corrects for changes in angle of view caused by focus movement during video recording.
3. When attached to an EOS R-series camera with focus breathing correction. Available in movie recording mode only.
Compact and Lightweight
At approximately 5.3 ounces (150g), the RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM is extremely lightweight and compact. The lens also features a lens-retraction mechanism that works without a switch, allowing it to be stored compactly simply by turning the zoom ring for outstanding portability.
- Focal Length
- 10-18 mm (equivalent to 16-29 mm in 35 mm format)
- Maximum and Minimum Aperture
- f/4.5 - f/32
- Lens Mount Type
- RF Mount
- Compatible Cameras
- Canon EOS R-series, full-frame and APS-C
- Minimum Focusing Distance
- AF: 0.14 m / 5.5 in. (at 10-18 mm)
- MF: 0.086 m / 3.4 in. (at 10 mm)
- Maximum Magnification
- AF: 0.23x (at 18 mm)
- MF: 0.5x (at 10 mm)
- Field of View
- AF: Approx. 165 × 110 mm / 6.5 x 4.3 in. (at 10 mm) to approx. 96 × 64 mm / 3.8 x 2.5 in. (at 18 mm)
- MF: Approx. 45 × 30 mm / 1.8 x 1.2 in. (at 10 mm) to approx. 96 × 64 mm / 3.8 x 2.5 in. (at 18 mm)
- Angle of View (Diagonal)
- Approx. 107° 30’– 74° 20'
- Lens Construction
- 12 elements in 10 groups
- Special Elements
- 2 UD lenses and 1 aspheric lenses
- Lens Coating
- Canon SSC (Super Spectra Coating)
- Filter Size Diameter
- ø49 mm
- Aperture Blades
- Image Stabilization
- 4.0 stops correction with In-lens Optical Image Stabilization (6.0 stops correction with EOS R series in-body coordinated Image stabilization)
- Focusing Drive System
- Canon STM (Leadscrew type STM)
- Full-time Manual Focusing
- (Supports both ONE SHOT AF and SERVO AF with compatible EOS R-series cameras)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Coverage (Horizontal x Vertical)
- EOS R - Approx. 80% x 80%
- EOS R5 - Approx. 80% x 80%
- EOS R7/R10 - Approx. 100% x 100%)
- EOS R100 - Approx. 100% x 100%
- Focusing / Control Ring
(Does not have a focusing/control selector switch, camera menus are used to switch between the focusing ring and control ring. On cameras that do not support the above menu-based switching, this ring only operates as a focusing ring — EOS R, RP, Ra, R5, R6)
- AF/MF Switch
- MF/Control Ring Switch
- Distance Scale
- None (Electronic distance scale possible in viewfinder or LCD monitor, with compatible EOS R-series cameras)
- Distance Limiter Switch
- Dust / Weather Resistant Construction
- Maximum Outer Diameter x Length
- Approx. ø2.7 in. (ø69mm) x 1.8 in. (44.9mm) (retracted)
- Approx. 5.3 oz. / 0.33 lbs. / 150g
- Lens hood
- Canon Lens Hood EW-53B (not bundled, sold separately)
- Lens Cap
- Canon Lens Cap E-49 (Bundled)
- Dust Cap
- Canon Lens Dust Cap RF (Bundled)
- Lens Case
- Canon Lens Case LP814 (not bundled, sold separately)
- Extension Tubes
- None (No Canon RF mount extension tubes)
- Close-up Lenses 250D / 500D
- Not compatible
- Canon RF Extender 1.4x/2x
- Not compatible
- Canon Gelatin Filter Holder III/IV
- Not compatible
|Availability||Expected December 2023|