The camera has the first zooming function (4.0 x) within the instax series. There is also a self-shot mirror attached to the side of the lens allowing you to check the shooting range. The camera is stylish, easy-to-hold and easy-to-shoot by placing shutter buttons in both sides of the camera allowing you to shoot with your right or left hand. There are two color variations with matte black to suit any scene and style, and beige for an elegant and fashionable feel.
- Frame Grab: By taking a video (max 15 seconds when taken with microSD*) and using the dial on the back-side of the camera, the camera allows you to print easily the best moment of moving subjects.
- * You can take a video of 3 seconds when using built-in memory.
- Sequence: It adds sequence effect to the image, allowing you to take dynamic and dreamy photos.
- Film Frame: Frame designed from the image of motion picture film makes your picture look like as if it is a scene from a movie.
- Retro: You can shoot picture with sandy noise as you see in old movies, giving the photo a retro look.
- Standard: standard still image. Flash turns on automatically in low light.
- Bulb: holds shutters open for as long as you depress the shutter button. Best for shooting night scenes.
- Double exposure: can superimpose two different images in a single photo by releasing the shutter twice.
- Split: divides one frame into regular pattern and shoot different images for each divided slot to complete as one photo. You can choose a division pattern from 2 vertical divisions, 3 horizontal divisions, 4 vertical and horizontal divisions and 9 vertical and horizontal divisions.
- Collage: divides one frame irregularly and you can shoot different images for each divided frame to make one complete photograph
- Time Shift Collage: can take 4 images with a time lag at pushing a shutter button only once. It allows you to enjoy the new photo shooting experience of taking photos looking at 4 frames having a time lag at one time. The time lag among images can be adjusted up to 2.0 seconds by 0.2 seconds.
- 4.0 x digital zoom: The camera has the first zooming function within instax series.
- Self-shot mirror: A self-shot mirror attached to the side of the lens allows you to check the shooting range.
- The camera has an iconic design and a thin, round, symmetrical shape for easy holding. It has a dual shutter system with two shutter buttons — one on the right and one on the left. The design of lens ring and around the ring that looks like water ripples not only makes the camera easy to hold but is also a great part of the design.