The ultra-wide zoom. A travel and landscape photographers' go-to lens for establishing a sense of place and pushing perspective. Capable of scenic photography that's consistently sharp throughout the entire frame. Video so clean and smooth it rivals real life and elevates the look and feel of camera movement. And for the first time in a full-frame ultra-wide lens, the creative and practical flexibility of attachable filters. The possibilities are as wide-reaching as the 14-30mm field of view. This is a lens that embodies the spirit of Z.
A compact 14 to 30mm zoom range with a fixed f/4 aperture and outstanding image quality. Experience edge-to-edge sharpness even when shooting wide open. Shoot stills or video in near-silence. This is an essential lens for travel, adventure, events, video and everything in between.
Superior optical performance: Impressive aberration correction—virtually zero flare, ghosting, coma or chromatic, spherical and axial aberration, even at the far edges of the frame. Plus dirt, dust and water-repelling safeguards.
Smoothly go from an ultra-wide 14mm view to a more natural perspective of 30mm. Capture subjects less than a foot away with fully-immersive backgrounds and expansive vistas with detail and sharpness from corner to far-reaching corner. The NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S is perfect for adding depth and drama to stills and video and its outstanding portability makes it an ideal partner for compact Z series cameras.
The large-diameter Z Mount gathers more light, especially at the frame edges. Shoot wide open while maintaining high image quality across the entire zoom range without affecting exposure. The 14-30mm f/4 exemplifies what's possible with NIKKOR Z lenses.
A retractable lens mechanism collapses the lens down to a mere 3.5 inches and locks it in place for safe and minimal packing.
Nikon’s Stepping Motor (STM) provides smooth, fast and quiet autofocusing. Where camera noise is an issue—weddings, ceremonies and in video production—STM is a silent partner.
The NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S’s front lens element is nearly flat, making it the first filter-attachable 14mm full frame NIKKOR lens. This advancement in optical design makes it possible to add an 82mm circular polarizer to dramatically reduce reflections for the purpose of enhancing colours and increasing contrast. Add a neutral-density filter to reduce light intensity and decrease shutter speed—perfect for emphasizing motion blur or for video applications where large apertures need to be used in daylight.
Create beautifully detailed establishing shots that draw the viewer in. Focus as close as approx. 11 inches for story-telling context in wide, tight interiors. This is an indispensable lens with an essential angle of view for serious videographers and filmmakers. The NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S's small, agile design feels as at home in a hand as it does in a rig. Either way, Z's advanced 5-axis VR and additional electronic VR image stabilization effectively eliminate unwanted camera shake and vibration. The new quiet stepping motor ensures smooth, clean focusing; focus breathing has been virtually eliminated for a consistent view as you zoom in or out.
- • Stepping Motor: NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocus with reduced wobbling. This quiet drive system makes the lenses ideal for use when shooting video
- • ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations
- • Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism: An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers.
- • IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- • Fluorine Coat: Photographers need gear that can withstand the elements. Nikon’s fluorine coat effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease or dirt, ensuring easy removal even when they adhere to the lens surface. Nikon’s fluorine coat endures a high frequency of lens surface wiping and its anti-reflective effect also contributes to the capture of clear images.Secure closure for main compartment
- • Super Integrated Coating: Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- • Nano Crystal Coat: An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- • Aspherical Lens: A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the centre of the lens.