The absolute smallest NIKKOR Z lens—the smallest DX format lens ever, in fact—the NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR covers the sweet spot of the zoom range, letting you capture street scenes and landscapes as easily as portraits and close-ups. It has powerful Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization to keep your videos steady and your photos sharp. It focuses quickly and silently and surpresses focus breathing—ideal for recording videos and high-speed action. And when not in use, it retracts into itself for a compact profile and added protection.
- Small and Mighty: Delivers big imaging power and durability in an ultra-compact package. When used on the Z 50, you've got Nikon's smallest DX interchangeable lens camera configuration ever.
- Rock Steady: Built-in VR image stabilization keeps you sharp and steady, even when handheld. It also lets you shoot stills at slower shutter speeds (up to 4.5 stops*)—a huge advantage in low-light situations.
- Wide or Vertical 4K Videos: The NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR's zoom range is ideal for everything from interviews and how-to videos to close-ups and establishing shots. Like high-end cinema lenses, it's designed to suppress focus breathing—a common occurrence with smartphones, that makes videos look amateurish. Plus, its AF motor, focusing ring and control ring are virtually silent, so the camera's built-in mic won't pick up noise from the lens during recording.
- Precision Autofocus: The NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR uses a blazing fast, nearly silent stepping motor for autofocusing, and it performs brilliantly with Z series' Eye AF to keep focus right where you want it.
- High Contrast: An Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass lens element reduces color defects and glare for sharper, clearer images with outstanding contrast.
- Customized Control: Assign your favorite function to the control ring—aperture control (great for iris transitions during video recording), ISO adjustments, exposure compensation or manual focus