In addition, it constantly achieves high levels of optical performance and makes the most of its capabilities as a zoom lens in any condition, at every focal length from wide to telephoto, and from close-up shots to telephoto photography.
Furthermore, when paired with SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1411/TC-2011 (sold separately / for L-Mount only), which was newly and exclusively developed for the use with mirrorless cameras, the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary gives photographers a "super telephoto" angle of view with a focal length of up to 800mm while they enjoy the benefit of the compact system. Plus, AF is effective even with the teleconverter attached.
In addition to high-speed and smooth AF enabled by the stepping motor optimized to the latest algorithm, the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary incorporates powerful image stabilization (OS) of four stops* built into the lens. When combined with a camera body with image stabilization built in, the lens corrects for pitch and yaw axis rotations, providing even more powerful image stabilization.
Additionally by connecting the lens to the SIGMA USB DOCK (sold separately / for L-Mount only) which was newly developed exclusively for the use with mirrorless cameras, users can adjust the amount of focus movement when operating the focus ring on exclusive SIGMA Optimization Pro software, which allows users to adjust focus in their preferred timing in MF mode.
- Lens construction: 22 elements in 16 groups, with 1 FLD and 4 SLDs
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Compatible with lens-based optical correction. * Only on camera models that support this functionality. Scope of correction varies depending on camera model.
- Image stabilization (OS)
- AFL button
- Focus limiter
- Zoom lock switch * Fixes the zoom ring at the widest end, preventing it from rotating and causing the lens barrel to extend under its own weight during transportation.
- Dust- and splash-proof bayonet
- Compatible with newly designed SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1411/TC-2011 (sold separately / for L-Mount only) * Functions as a 140-560mm F7-9 AF ultra-telephoto lens with the SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1411, and as a 200-800mm F10-12.6 AF ultra-telephoto lens with the SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-2011. * Autofocus mode varies depending on camera body.
- Compatible with TRIPOD SOCKET TS-111 (sold separately) * Compatible with Arca-Swiss clamps. * Specifications same as the tripod socket for the 105mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art lens. * The socket not compatible with the 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary lens for SLR cameras.
- Compatible with newly designed SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (sold separately / for L-Mount only)
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Every single lens undergoes SIGMA's proprietary MTF measuring system "A1"
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- "Made in Japan" craftsmanship