The smallest mid-tele lens in its class, being both compact and lightweight, featuring outstanding image quality and admirable brightness. The 56mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary, completes the large aperture series, as Sigma’s third F1.4 following the 30mm and 16mm lenses, designed for APS-C Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. This lens brings considerable bokeh effect to APS-C size cameras that rivals 35mm full view systems and is capable of capturing various scenes ranging from portraits to snapshots, as well as night shots.
- Aspherical Lens Elements: The use of aspherical lens elements allows for improved optical performance, a reduced number of component lenses, and a compact, lightweight lens design. Aspherical lenses provide high-quality, distortion-free images equivalent to those of a single focal length lens.
- DC Lens – Optimized for Digital Photography: DC lenses are designed for optimal performance on cameras with APS-C image sensors.
- Smooth AF ideal for video shooting: The combination of optical design for video AF and use of the stepping motor enables smooth and quiet autofocus. This lens is also compatible with the Sony E-mount Fast Hybrid AF, achieving precise AF tracking. By using the face recognition or eye AF functions of cameras, focus will continuously be on the face or the eye even if the subject moves during the shoot.
- Multi-Layer Lens Coating: Designed to meet all shooting conditions, the water- and oil-repellent coating on the front lens element, together with the dust- and splash-proof structure, ensures excellent performance even in the most challenging shooting conditions. Sigma’s premium multi-coating treatment also reduces flare and ghosting and produces an optimum colour balance, improving image quality over the entire frame.
- Special Low Dispersion Glass (SLD): Used in conjunction with aspherical lens elements, SLD glass helps minimize colour aberration and produce sharp, high-quality images.