The high-capacity CEAM1920T with 960GB⁵ uses the latest flash memory control technology to achieve read speeds as high as 800MB/s¹ and write speeds as high as 700MB/s¹ greatly reducing buffer clearing times for efficient, stress-free shooting. TOUGH and durable impact, bending, dust and moisture resistant² give you peace of mind only found in Sony TOUGH cards.
High speed performance
Sony CFexpress Type A memory cards are designed for professional photographers, videographers an enthusiasts looking to super-charge their workflow with unrivalled speed and reliability. Ultra-high speed performance¹(up to 800MB/s read and 700MB/s write) is efficiently packed in the compact and durable body, to help you get the most from the latest high-end cameras.
Sony CFexpress Type A cards are optimized for continuous, high-bandwidth data writing, making them
ideal for professional high-bitrate video recording, such as 4K 120p, where dependability is critical. For extra reassurance and video recording stability they also carry the VPG (Video Performance Guarantee) 200.
Rapid response photography
Dramatically expand your photographic possibilities, with uncompressed continuous RAW shooting for fast-moving action such as motor sports and wildlife. Writing speeds of up to 700MB/s¹ ensure ultra-fast camera buffer clearance for responsive, continuous shooting.⁶
New standard for compact storage
CFexpress Type A cards are a new standard for compact, high-performance storage. Despite being smaller than a conventional SD card, their PCIe Gen3 interface offers ultra-fast data transfer. It is an ideal storage medium for the future of compact, high-bitrate video and still cameras.
Work faster, be more productive
CFexpress Type A memory cards open up worlds of opportunity for professionals. Handling high-resolution files and high-speed recordings in a small but rugged format, it’s perfect for speeding up workflows and improving productivity, allowing you to have more time available for creative work.
Speed up workflow with the CFexpress Type A card reader
Optimized for Sony CFexpress Type A memory cards, the optional MRW-G2 card reader allows you to transfer data via a SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps (USB 3.2) interface and take full advantage of high-speed backups and more efficient workflows. It’s compact, easy to carry and works with both Sony CFexpress Type A and SDXC UHS-II/UHS-I memory cards.
Made incredibly TOUGH
Thanks to Sony’s unique TOUGH card design, our CFexpress Type A cards offer over 10x greater bend resistance than the CFexpress Type A standard. Designed for absolute dependability, the resin body is 5x more impact-resistant than the CFexpress Type A standard and provides IP57 dust and water protection². New heat-dissipating materials also ensure consistent high-speed data transfers, along with resistance to X-rays, UV, and electrostatic radiation.
Sony’s TOUGH for the roughest places
With a TOUGH design, CFexpress Type A memory cards offer superior strength up to 10x greater than the CFexpress Type A standard, additional rigidity tested to 150 newtons of force, and can withstand falls of up to 24.6 feet (7.5 meters).⁷
Sony’s TOUGH for the toughest places
Sony’s CFexpress Type A memory cards work exceptionally well under extreme conditions such as in extreme temperatures, X-rays, electrostatic environments and intense UV light. A dust and water-resistant design² with IP57 rating, provides the reliability needed for outdoor use in challenging conditions.
File Rescue: Recover lost files³
Even when things go wrong, you can avoid disaster with downloadable rescue software for Sony CFexpress Type A memory card³ . This free software can recover accidentally deleted files and corrupted photos and videos in today’s common formats. For more detail, please refer to: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/
Media Scan Utility: Scan and monitor your memory
Over time, flash memory wears out and no longer reliably records data. Sony's Media Scan Utility automatically scans your CFexpress Type A memory card each time you connect it to your PC, keeping you informed of its condition so you can take action before the limit is reached. The MRW-G2 card reader (sold separately) is required in order to scan Sony CFexpress Type A memory cards.
- 1 Sony measurement. Actual performance may vary and is dependent on environment, settings and usage.
- 2 IP57 for enhanced durability with an IPX7 water ingress protection rating and an IP5X dust ingress protection rating. Actual performance may vary. Based on environmental conditions and usage. Sony does not guarantee damage to recorded data or card based on every situation or condition.
- 3 File Rescue downloadable software available at www.sony.net/ memory card. Does not support data recovery for Content Protected and Game Data files. Not all data may be recoverable.
- 4 MRW-G2 CFexpress Type A/SD card reader is required for CFexpress Type A card diagnosis. Diagnosis is not possible with readers from other manufacturers or a direct camera connection.
- 5 In order to use CEAM960T memory card, please ensure the camera has the latest software version. Alpha 1: Ver.1.31 or later. Alpha 7S III: Ver.2.11 or later. FX3: Ver.2.00 or later. To download the latest camera software, please visit: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support 1 GB = one billion bytes, a portion of which is used for data management functions. Based on Sony internal testing. Transfer speeds vary, and are dependent on host devices, the OS version, or use conditions.
- 6 Sony measurement. The number of RAW still images recordable during high-speed bursts is lower, and buffer clearing times are longer than Sony CFexpress Type A G-series memory cards. Speed may vary depending on shooting conditions and/or camera body. Details at https://www.sony.net/dics/cfea_spec/
- 7 Based on Sony internal testing