Introducing the world’s widest(1) full-frame constant F2.8 lens at 12-24mm(3). Spectacular G Master resolution is realized from 3x Extreme Aspheric, 1x Aspheric, 2x Super ED (Extra-low dispersion) and 3x ED elements.
- World’s widest(1) full-frame constant F2.8 at 12-24mm(3)
- F2.8 max aperture provides extraordinary exposure and depth of field
- Spectacular resolution: 3x Extreme Aspheric elements, 1x Aspheric
- 3x ED (Extra-low dispersion) elements suppress chromatic aberrations
- 4x Extreme Dynamic - XD Linear motors for fast, precise autofocus
- Nano AR coating II suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- 11” min. focus distance up to 0.14x magnification for close-up shots
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability(2)
- Compact, lightweight design: ideal for both full-frame and APS-C(2)
- Programmable focus hold button for multiple functions
- Linear Response MF for precise manual focus control
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via AF/MF switch
- Front fluorine coating prevents fingerprints, dust, water and oil
- Rear filter holder expands versatility for sheet type ND filters
- Built for both worlds: Ideal for still and video creators
(1)Compared to interchangeable constant F2.8 zoom lenses for 35mm full-frame format digital cameras. As of July 2020 press release. Sony survey.
(2)Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture resistant
(3)12-24mm focal length on full-frame cameras and 18-36mm when used on APS-C cameras. Focal length based on 35mm full-frame equivalent.