The compact and light weight, large-aperture prime lens is ideal for full-frame and APS-C cameras and provide mobility and convenience for shooting a wide range of subjects from everyday snapshots, food photography, landscapes, night scenes and more. It provides outstanding corner-to-corner image quality and beautiful bokeh, while its quiet autofocus and tenacious tracking performance make it a great choice for both stills and movie shooting.
- Large F1.8 maximum aperture: The 35mm focal length is a perfect choice for everyday snapshots, food photography, landscapes, night scenes and more as the maximum F1.8 aperture opens up a world of beautiful prime-lens bokeh. The large F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects and enables massive amount of light for low-light or dimly lit shooting scenarios.
- 9-blade circular aperture: The 9-blade circular aperture maximizes the beauty captured by this large-aperture prime-lens, contributing to impressive images in which the subject stands out against a smoothly defocused background bokeh as well as naturally rendered points of defocused light.
- Refined optical performance: The refined optical design includes an aspheric glass element which dramatically reduces spherical aberration while also reducing lens size and weight. Field curvature is carefully corrected by this specially shaped aspherical lens to restore alignment of light rays at the image plane. Superior contrast is maintained across the entire image, even at large aperture settings, resulting in corner-to-corner sharpness.
- Linear motor for fast and precise focusing: The linear motor is used to allow fast, precise focusing, even at challenging maximum F1.8 aperture where the depth of field is very shallow. Operation is responsive and quiet whether you’re focusing manually or using autofocus. This, with its rapid response ability for fine focus adjustment, make it ideal for movie recording as well.
- Compact and lightweight: Weighing in at only 9.9 oz. (280g) and measuring a mere Φ 2.58” x 2.87“ (Φ65.6mm x 73mm), the 35mm F1.8 is an ideal compact and lightweight everyday lens. Additionally, its compact dimensions make it an appealing choice for both Full-frame as well as APS-C bodies, offering a 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras.
- Customizable focus hold button: The focus hold button not only performs its primary function to lock focus when recomposing, but can be customized to a number of other functions depending on your needs. In addition to Focus Hold, these custom functions include: Eye AF, AF On, Aperture Preview, Shot Result Preview or Bright Monitoring among others.
- 8.66” min. focus distance: Get close-up with a minimum 8.66” focus distance and maximum 0.24x magnification for macro and other interesting shots.
- AF/MF switch: A direct AF/MF switch on the lens barrel conveniently allows for fast selection between autofocus or manual focus without having to access any menus.
- Linear Response Manual Focus: Linear Response manual focus (MF) allows for fine, responsive Manual Focus control, especially needed when shooting fine detail, close-up images or pulling critical focus while shooting in movie mode. Linear Response Manual Focus delivers predictable and repeatable manual focus control.
- Internal focusing: The overall length of the lens does not change when focusing which is especially important when using for video recording. Other important benefits include fast autofocusing and a short minimum focusing distance. Also, the filter thread at the front of the lens does not rotate, which is convenient when using a polarizing filter.
- Dust and moisture resistant(1) for robust reliability: The dust and moisture resistant(1) design makes this lens appropriate for heavy-duty outdoor use, especially when combined with a camera that employs weather resistant measures.