The ultimate EOS is here, making way for a new era in autofocus speed, accuracy and precision — the EOS-1D X Mark III. Offering the highest level of performance an EOS DSLR has ever possessed, the EOS-1D X Mark III changes the game for serious photographers around the world, boasting a powerful new 20.1 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS sensor, combined with a cutting-edge new DIGIC X image processor, for truly outstanding stills and video.
New 20.1 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor: Featuring a Canon-developed 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor with approx.20.1 effective megapixels, the EOS-1D X Mark III camera is engineered with a new imaging system, designed to capture sharp and detailed images, even in low-light scenarios. This results in noise reduction in dark portions of the image even at high ISO speeds, and increased sensitivity that contributes to the EOS-1D X Mark III's high-speed image capture rate, accelerating frame-to-frame performance. The new sensor also includes Dual Pixel CMOS AF for high-speed, precise AF during Live View still and movie recording.
New DIGIC X Image Processor: Replacing the two DIGIC 6+ processors from the previous EOS-1D X Mark II camera, The EOS-1D X Mark III camera is the first Canon EOS camera – in the DSLR series camera line – to feature a powerful new DIGIC X Image Processor, which helps to enhance fine detail from the added low-pass filter.
New 191-point AF System Capable of Tracking the Subjects Head and Face using Deep Learning Technology: The EOS-1D X Mark III camera is equipped with a collection of 191 AF points, which allows the photographer to manually select every point, as well as select a variety of AF Zone Area selections. Covering virtually the same amount of the picture area as the previous 61-point system AF array. The EOS-1D X Mark III camera also features a new technology called EOS iTR* AF X which helps to track a subject with excellent accuracy, including impressive Face Detection AF and new Head Detection AF — and even offers the added benefit of Eye Detection AF in Live View mode or while shooting video. *Intelligent Tracking and Recognition.
Achieves a Maximum Burst Rate of 1000 images or more (RAW+JPEG) in Continuous Shooting with Dual CFexpress Card Slots: The EOS-1D X Mark III camera can capture an incredible amount of images with amazing speed. When recording to CFexpress cards through its dual card slots, the EOS-1D X Mark III can capture a maximum burst rate of 1,000 images or more in RAW + JPEG. 5.5K/60p and in-camera RAW movie recording can also be recorded with virtually no restriction.
High-Speed Continuous Shooting of up to 16 fps and up to 20 fps in Live View with AF/AE Tracking: Delivering incredible performance at speeds of up to 16 fps*, and up to 20 fps* in Live View with AF/AE tracking, the EOS-1D X Mark III camera is loaded with technologies that help facilitate speedy operation at every step of capturing that superlative image. The EOS-1D X Mark III camera features a mirror mechanism designed for precise operation with reduced vibration even at incredibly fast speeds. * Continuous shooting speed may vary based on the aperture and lens being used and conditions of the subject.
ISO range of 100-102400; Expandable to 50-819200: Delivering high standard and expanded ISOs, and a score of options to enhance shooting in varied and fast-changing lighting situations, The EOS-1D X Mark III can shoot at expanded sensitivities down to ISO 50 (L) and up to 204800 (H1), 409600 (H2) and even 8192000 (H3) (for stills). Beyond the obvious advantages of its wide ISO range, the EOS-1D X Mark III has automatic ISO settings, found on the dedicated ISO menu. Minimum and maximum ISO settings can be specified, as can a user-defined range, plus full auto and manual.
- New 20.1 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor combined with newly designed High Detail Low-Pass Filter
- New DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-102400; Expandable to 50-819200
- New 191-point optical viewfinder AF system capable of tracking the subject’s head and face using Deep Learning Technology
- New Smart Controller built into the AF-On button for fast control of the AF Point selection
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast and accurate autofocus in Live View covering 90%x100% of the image area at an EV of -6 ~ 18
- The lightning-fast camera features the ability to shoot up to 16 frames-per-second in optical viewfinder shooting and up to 20 fps while in Live View shooting with mechanical or silent shutter
- Maximum buffer in continuous shooting (RAW+JPEG) of 1000 images or more with dual CFexpress card slots
- 12-bit 5.5K RAW video internal recording and oversampling 4K 60p video recording using the full width of the sensor in Canon Log with 10-bit 4:2:2
(2021.03.31) Firmware Version 1.4.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- Adds [RAW (Light)] to the movie recording size and [IPB (Light)] to 4K to enable lower bit rate shooting. These settings can also be selected when RAW+MP4 is set.
- The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
- Improves communication reliability when using FTP and USB simultaneously.