Today, we are excited to introduce a new limited edition camera: Leica Q2 | Disney “100 Years of Wonder”
From its beginnings in the 1920s, the Walt Disney company has used the best techniques to produce animated films of the highest quality that, 100 years later, continue to enchant young and old alike. Considering the creative tools available to him at the time, Walt Disney used the Leica for his storyboards, a revolutionary camera designed and manufactured in Germany, compact and unique in its kind while also providing exceptional image quality. The Walt Disney Company even went so far as to use the term Leica Reel to refer to its animated storyboards and thus give a poetic name to what today, in technical terms, is called "animatics". On the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Walt Disney Company, an entertainment company that celebrates “100 Years of Wonder”, it was time to reveal to all fans of Walt Disney's animated pictures that behind their storyboards, behind the cartoons that have fascinated generations, is Leica.
Key Benefits of the Leica Q2 | Disney “100 Years of Wonder” :
- Camera body is covered with a special material that resembles tracing paper on which Disney’s creators penciled scenes and characters. The design applied to the camera dates back to a model sheet created in 1937 by one of Walt Disney Studio’s noted animators, Don Towsley.
- Protective dust bag with original Disney graphics
- Branded cotton strap
- Mickey Mouse print on the camera’s top plate
- Disney logo and edition number engraved under the back display glass
- Limited to 500 pieces worldwide
All other technical features are identical to the Q2 series camera.
|Unavailable||Discontinued or unavailable to Special Order|