The AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II, like its predecessor, is an incredibly fast f/2 telephoto lens that incorporates Nikon’s Vibration Reduction (VR) II Image Stabilization system. The VR system provides up to four stops of correction to assist in creating blur-free images while shooting hand-held, or for when capturing D-Movie video content.
The AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II also incorporates an Internal Focusing (IF) system that allows movement of the optical elements within the lens barrel and does not change barrel length. Three focus modes are featured, with an A/M mode added to the conventional M/A and M modes. The optical construction consists of 13 optical elements in nine groups including three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements and one Super ED glass element that effectively minimize chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings. Also included is a Tripod Detection Mode, which automatically compensates for minute vibrations when mounted on a tripod and allows users to keep VR image stabilization On and active – even when the camera and lens are mounted on a tripod. The AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II is optimal for all types of shooting including weddings, portraits, sports, nature and fashion due to its quick response and detailed lens design.
- Professional telephoto lens.
- 200mm focal length (DX equivalent 400mm) with fast f/2 aperture.
- Vibration Reduction II (VR II) stabilization system with Normal and Active modes.
- Lets you use shutter speeds that are up to 4 stops slower.
- Nano Crystal coat reduces ghost and flare.
- Three focus modes: instant manual focus override (M/A), manual (M) and instant auto focus override (A/M) that prioritizes autofocus even when the focus ring is in use.
- Closest focusing distance: 1.9 m.
- Three ED (Extra low Dispersion) and one super-ED glass elements ensure high resolution and superior contrast.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet, accurate autofocus.
- Durable weather-sealed magnesium body with meniscus glass to protect the front element.
Condition: Brand new in original manufacturer's packaging
Contents: 200mm lens, HK-31 hood, CL-L1 case, LN-1 strap, 52mm filter holder, lens cover, rear lens cap
Warranty: 5 Year Canadian Manufacturer's Warranty