Introducing the Alpha 7S III –a new milestone in sensitivity, speed and image supremacy. Featuring an all-new 12.1MP(1) backside illuminated full-frame sensor with twice the readout speed* for ultra-clean low-light images up to ISO 409,600(3) with 15+ stops dynamic range(4) and 3x reduction in rolling shutter, plus Sony’s acclaimed fast hybrid autofocus with 759 phase detection AF points. A new BIONZ XR processing engine deliver 8x more processing power(2) for up to 120p(5) 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 and full pixel readout in all recording modes.
- 12.1MP(1)Exmor R sensor, optimized for 4K, sensitivity and speed
- Low noise images w/ ISO up to 409,600(3) and 15+stop dynamic range(4)
- Up to 4K 120p(5)10-bit 4:2:2 and full pixel readout in all rec. modes
- No 29m 50s continuous recording limit for movie shooting
- Dual card slots, both compatible with CFexpress Type A and SDXC/SDHC
- Incredible autofocus w/ 759 phase detection AF points, 92% coverage
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization with selectable Active mode(24)
- SuperSpeed USB-C with power delivery and Ethernet wired LAN(14)
- Up to 1000 RAW+JPEG at 10fps(15) w/ continuous autofocus and exposure
- High-speed 2.4 and 5GHz Wi-Fi15 / FTP transfer and wireless PC remote(16)
- 3” flip-out, vari-angle LCD monitor w/ touch menu and controls
- New menu layout w/ intuitive 3 level structure and touch navigation
(1)Approximate. Effective megapixels. (2)Compared to previous version/model (3)ISO range: [Stills] 80-102,400 (Standard), 40-409,600 (Expanded), [Movies] 80-102,400 (Standard), 80-409,600 (Expanded) (4)Movie shooting with S-Log 3.Sony test conditions. May require color grading. (5)12p has a 1.1x crop. XAVC S-I (S&Q) 4K 120p 10-bit 4:2:2 requires CFexpress Type A(VPG200 or higher). XAVC S-I 4K 60p 10-bit 4:2:2 requires SDXC V90 or faster. XAVC S / XAVC HS 4K 120p 10-bit 4:2:2 requires SDXC V60 or faster. XAVC S HD 240p 10-bit 4:2:2 requires SDXC V60 or faster. CFexpress Type A supports all internal shooting modes. (14)Via optional adaptor (15)Up to 10 fps in continuous “Hi+” mode and up to 8 fps in “H” mode. CFexpress Type A memory card. Sony tests. (16)Latest version Image Edge desktop application is required.