Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
EOS R5 C Full-frame, 8K Cinema EOS System Camera
Compact and lightweight, the EOS R5 C is a true hybrid camera, boasting many of the video formats and features from the Cinema EOS lineup as well as many of the still-imaging capabilities of the EOS R5 camera in a beautifully designed body.
The EOS R5 C is a complete package that offers filmmakers, multimedia journalists, and advanced amateurs a cost-effective 8K, 4K, and FHD video camera to help unlock their creative potential.
Shares Common Features & Technology with the EOS R5 Camera
Canon's 45 Megapixel full-frame, CMOS imaging sensor is at the heart of the EOS R5 C camera's superb image quality, which also leads the way for impressive 8K/60P RAW cinematic video shooting.
Focus and speed are paramount in the EOS R5 C camera, providing impressive still-image continuous capture at speeds of up to 20 frames per second, and with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II capability, to track split second movements of even the most elusive subjects. With 1,053 Automatic AF zones, it is easy to photograph people with the use of Eye, Face and Head Detection AF, or intuitively track the whole body, face or eye of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection AF. For those with the need for speed, Canon has also included still-image vehicle subject detection to assist with accurate tracking of cars and motorcycles. Connectivity like 5GHz and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®, is also included for the transfer of still images.
Video Control for the Dedicated Video Professional
As soon as the EOS R5 C's main switch is moved to the "video" position, the familiar Cinema EOS menu system and interface take over. Expected high-level video features such as waveform monitors, video codec options, and extensive audio control become available - greatly expanding the EOS R5 C's video potential for the experienced camera operator or video content creator. During “photo" operation, menus are nearly the same as on the EOS R5 camera.
Supports 8K/60P Internal RAW Recording
The 8K sensor and DIGIC X processor produce high-quality video at up to 8K/60P. Use of the Cinema RAW Light format with its high-efficiency mode enables internal card recording without an external recorder.
Internal Cooling Fan Enables Non-stop 8K/60P Recording
The EOS R5 C camera features a cooling fan built into the body, forcing out the heat from inside. This enables continuous and virtually limitless shooting of high-definition 8K/60P video without interruption.
Expanded Interface for Professional Needs
The EOS R5 C camera provides a Timecode input/output terminal for easy synchronization when shooting with multiple cameras and other interfaces. A cable protector is also included as standard to prevent cable disconnection or damage to the terminal if strong force is applied when connecting interface or HDMI cables.
Canon’s Multi-function shoe with digital audio interface supports the optional TASCAM CA-XLR2d-C professional audio XLR microphone adapter for up to 4-channel audio. This optional accessory adds two full-sized XLR terminals with phantom power and shotgun mic mount, enabling digital 4-channel and 24-bit audio recording to meet professional video production needs.
Carries on the Ergonomic EOS Design
The EOS R5 C camera's body design is incredibly compact and lightweight. When paired with a Canon RF lens (or EF lens using the Mount Adapter EF-EOS R), it offers outstanding performance that fits easily and comfortably in your hand, making handheld shooting a breeze whether shooting video or still images. Its Electronic Viewfinder is optically extended, for eye-level viewing similar to the conventional EOS R5 camera, and it uses the same ergonomic grip design.
Full-featured 13 Assignable Buttons
The EOS R5 C camera is designed with operational flexibility in mind, conforming to each individual professional workflow, including 13 marked, assignable buttons that allow for user-friendly customized operation.
8K Sensor and DIGIC X Processor
The EOS R5 C camera is the first Cinema EOS System Camera to provide internal 8K (8192x4320) 60P RAW recording. 8K video offers outstanding definition and realism with 16 times the resolution of full HD video, enabling unprecedented capabilities in video expression and highly flexible workflows, such as 4K cropping from 8K footage. The EOS R5 C camera can also record 8K video in the highly versatile MP4 format. Lighter, smaller proxy video files can also be recorded while shooting 8K. This makes for an efficient workflow during editing, previewing, and other tasks.
Internal Cinema RAW Light up to 8K/60P
The camera supports recording of two 8K formats, both Cinema RAW Light, which is amazing for post-production grading and archiving, or MP4, which is optimized for faster online use. Formats can be selected according to the user's needs. In addition, 5.9K in Super 35mm mode and 2.9K in Super 16mm mode are also available for internal recording to CFexpress cards.
Cinema RAW Light can be recorded internally with data optimized for HDR video rendering. Cinema RAW Light video files have been optimized for better efficiency to achieve 12-bit recording in all frame rates.
Thanks to three newly-developed Cinema RAW Light modes (High quality RAW HQ, standard quality RAW ST, and Light recording RAW LT), users can select the RAW video mode according to their shooting needs.
Supports 8K HDR Recording (HLG/PQ)
The combination of ultra-high-definition 8K recording and HDR lets users shoot more realistic and lifelike video. The EOS R5 C camera supports HDR recording in Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and Perceptual Quantization (PQ) formats. This helps ensure full color rendition and wide latitude with a great range from black to pure white - outstanding for the delivery of live streams, broadcasts and post-production projects.
Wide Variety of Recording Formats
The EOS R5 C camera offers users a wide variety of recording formats to choose from to fit individual workflows and output needs. Along with Cinema RAW Light, which provides light data sizes for RAW recording, the EOS R5 C camera supports MXF-based XF-AVC, which conforms to broadcasting standards, and highly versatile MP4.
Simultaneously Record Different Formats
The EOS R5 C camera is capable of recording two independent video files simultaneously, such as Cinema RAW Light and MP4 at various resolutions including 4K and HD, as well as lightweight proxy files for various professional workflows.
XF-AVC and MP4 Codecs for 10-bit 4:2:2 Video
In addition to Cinema RAW Light, the EOS R5 C camera offers XF-AVC and MP4 codecs to provide familiar and trusted codecs for easy ingestion and post-production workflows across cinema, broadcast, and many professional markets and applications. XF-AVC offers robust 10-bit 4:2:2 files in a .MXF wrapper for simple compatibility with non-linear editing systems (NLEs) and existing workflows.
4K and 2K Oversampling
The EOS R5 C camera reads out signals for all effective pixels from its full-frame 8K sensor, enabling 4:2:2 10-bit high-definition recording through oversampling during 4K and 2K video recording. A high-definition debayer algorithm has been included and the 4K generated from the abundant RGB data of the 8K sensor enables more refined imaging capabilities with less incidence of moiré, false colors, “jaggies” and noise.
HDMI 8K RAW Output to Compatible Recorders
The EOS R5 C camera supports RAW output via HDMI and ProRes RAW recording with compatible external recorders such as Atomos devices*. By connecting the EOS R5 C camera with a supported external recorder, users can shoot in Apple ProRes RAW at up to 8K 30P. Proxy data can also be simultaneously recorded to an SD card in-camera, providing efficient post-production operations.
*Only Atomos NINJA V+ is supported as of January 2022. A separate HDMI cable is required to connect to the NINJA V+.
Up to 4K 120P Slow and Fast Motion Recording Mode in 4:2:2 10-bit
The EOS R5 C camera can record High Frame Rate (HFR) movies at up to 120P at 4K resolution (4096x2160/3840x2160) in 4:2:2 10-bit without cropping the sensor.
Amazing for shooting scenes full of fast-paced action, the EOS R5 C camera's fast and intuitive autofocus remains enabled even during HFR recording, making it ideal when shooting from a gimbal or drone, delivering outstanding focus accuracy at HFR or at common frame rates.
Simultaneous Audio Recording Enabled with HFR
Unlike some other cameras where audio is not recorded during HFR shooting, the EOS R5 C camera can record .WAV audio as a separate file from video, virtually eliminating the need for separate audio recording and delivering HFR video and audio files in one convenient device when shooting slow motion or fast motion video.
Canon Log 3 Expands Expressive Possibilities
The EOS R5 C camera features Canon Log 3, which is found in many Canon cameras and works with multiple Canon EOS and Cinema EOS cameras. The wide dynamic range can be used for a wider range of grading after shooting. Canon Log 3 is a gamma that is designed for simple grading, such as tightening dark areas and adjusting tones. It carries on Canon Log's ease of use with less noticeable noise. It can also be used when shooting with other Cinema EOS system cameras such as the EOS C300 Mark III and EOS C70 cameras.
Enhanced Image Stabilization
Enhanced image stabilization is achieved through coordinated control when Canon's RF lenses with optical IS are combined with the EOS R5 C camera's electronic IS when shooting XF-AVC or MP4 formats. With an RF lens that has optical IS and the electronic IS in the EOS R5 C camera, coordinated control helps achieve the optimum hand-shake correction effects. This helps achieve better anti-vibration performance than with conventional IS-equipped EF lenses (using optional Mount Adapter EF-EOS R) and electronic IS together.
Canon VR with RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye Lens Support and Workflow
The EOS R5 C camera is an excellent camera pairing with Canon's RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye Lens to achieve stereoscopic 3D 180° VR video (viewing in 3D requires the use of a compatible Head Mount Display). A plug-in for Adobe® Premiere Pro® and Canon's EOS VR Utility are available to streamline the workflow from shooting to editing.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF with iTR AF X
Canon's Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology uses every pixel on the imaging sensor to detect focus, and also to capture actual image information achieving both high precision focusing and high image quality.
With most Canon RF and EF lenses, AF for video can be carried out over approximately 80% of the vertical and horizontal area of the screen. Touch AF allows positioning an AF point by simply touching the LCD screen, in addition to quick manual positioning with the 8-way Multi-controller on the rear of the camera.
In addition, the camera features Eye AF/Head Detection AF, developed with the use of deep learning technology to improve subject tracking. It also provides human detection (eyes/face/head), allowing it to track subjects accurately even when AF control is not available.
Users can track focusing as desired depending on their subject or shooting situation. A wide variety of AF modes enable autofocus shooting that flexibly responds to the subject's movement. Users can leave focusing to the camera and concentrate on their camera work.
Still Imaging Features
- High Still-Image Quality Featuring a 45 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC X Processor.
- Still-imaging features and operation are nearly identical to Canon's EOS R5 cameraiii. The EOS R5 C camera features the same Canon-developed CMOS sensor with approx. 45 effective megapixels, and a DIGIC X Image Processor to enhance the speed of operations across the board. This means fast, efficient performance and phenomenal image quality for big prints, impressive video and more.
- DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400iv.
- Delivering high standard and expanded ISOs (for still images), and a broad range of options to help enhance shooting in varied and fast-changing lighting situations, the EOS R5 C camera can shoot at expanded sensitivities down to ISO 50 (L) and up to 102400 (H)
- High-Speed Continuous Shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps Electronic (Silent) Shutter.
- High-speed continuous shooting with full AF subject detection and tracking, at all still-image quality settings.
- A high-precision Dual Pixel CMOS AF system allows the EOS R5 C camera to reliably capture approx. 100% of the still-image area, with most Canon lenses.
- The Same Subject Detection and Tracking AF as the Canon EOS R5 Camera, Even at Shooting Speeds as Fast as 20 fps.
- Head and Eye Detection
- Select "People" as the EOS R5 C's "subjects to detect," and like the EOS R5, it can focus on a detected person's eyes, face, head (if a face is obscured), or even entire body if a head cannot be detected.
- Animal Detectionv
- For still images, the same revolutionary Animal Detection AF as the EOS R5 can identify and focus upon eyes, faces or bodies of birds, cats and dogs — and can do so over virtually the entire image area, with many Canon lenses. This opens up game-changing possibilities for wildlife images, even with subjects as challenging as birds in flight.
- Vehicle Detection
- Carried-over from the high-performance Canon EOS R3 camera, the EOS R5 C adds Vehicle Detection AF as a subject detection option, during still-image shooting. Cars and motorcycles, especially in racing applications, can be identified and tracked, even at high speeds. User-selectable Spot Detection lets the R5 C's AF detect the helmets of an exposed rider or driver, and put focus upon them, instead of the leading edge of the vehicle.
- AF Area Flexibility
- Select the size of the active AF area — from a precise single AF point to the entire available AF area — and rapidly move a user-selected area via the 8-way Multi-controller on the back of the camera. The EOS R5 C has the same range of choices for still-image AF method selection as the EOS R5 camera.
- AF Area Coverage of Approx. 100% x 100% for Still Images
- The EOS R5 C camera features an expansive focus area of approx. 100% horizontal and 100% verticalvi when working with select RF and EF lenses, during still-image shooting. With older EF lenses, or with EF Extender types I and II, the EOS R5 C focuses on approx. 80% horizontally and 80% vertically of the image. This means fast and impressive focusing even when composing your subject far from the center of the frame.
- EV -6vii Low-light autofocus
- Amazing for nighttime photography or in very low light settings, the EOS R5 C camera's brilliant AF can operate for still images in light as dim as a light rating of EV -6 where other AF systems may fail or search.
- Still-image AF is possible with lens + Canon RF tele extender combinations having maximum effective apertures as slow as f/22 —meaning AF is still possible with the RF800mm F11 IS STM + RF2x extender!
Warranty Information1 Year Canadian Manufacturer's Warranty
|Specialty Item||No Return Or Exchanges (except for items defective out of the box within 7 days of original purchase)|